Friday, 29 April 2016

Putting the Good Transport Plan into action

I received an email today from Sustrans, the 'leading charity enabling people to choose healthier, cleaner and cheaper journeys'. It asked 'all Councillor candidates at the May elections to support the objectives of the Good Transport Plan' and said 'We would like to see concrete commitments from candidates to ensure all transport decisions taken at the local (Neighbourhood Partnership) and the strategic level link to the 9 objectives to ensure we’re taking steps towards what we want to achieve in the next 5-10 years.' Here's the text of my email response:

Many thanks for your email. The Good Transport Plan is a great piece of work and one the most valuable things to come out of Bristol Green Capital 2015. I fully support it and have referred to it in my election materials and on my blog. Not only does the plan head us in the right direction, most importantly it was put together in the right way, involving a wide range of stakeholders.

Let me know if there is a place for formally signing up to a pledge of commitment to the plan and I will certainly do so. If elected I look forward to working with all stakeholders to advance the Good Transport Plan significantly and making Bristol a fairer, healthier, more sustainable, lively and enjoyable city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Genuine, constructive, relevant comments are most welcome.